With Oregon and Washington well into the playoffs now and the week starting to head over the hump and head towards game time we need to look back and identify the Best efforts from last Friday Night. And man there were again some amazing efforts for sure. Here is what we came up with so far and remember to fill out the form at the bottom if you like so we can add to this list of deserving kids!
OregonPreps.com -Rivals.com Player Of The Week
Thomas Tyner - Aloha High School
441 Yards, 4 TD's, and a 24 Yard TD Catch to Win the game! 38-35 over A tough Glencoe Squad. Tyner is now about 105 yards away from the Oregon High School Record!
Friday Night's Best Nominees Week 11
- Zach Floyd Tigard High School - 8 Touches Goes for 256 yards and 3 TD's to help Tigard Win 67-35. Floyd is now at 1,257 yards and has 18 TD's.
- Tristan Howell- He was a STUD! He was blasted and taken off the field after Crater High School Beast RJ Morgan took him out. But he brought Century back and took them over the top scoring late in the game on a beautiful Catch and Run to get the Jaguars the 33-27 lead for good. He had 110 yards and was Clutch!
- Adrian Garcia- South Medford - The kid caught 8 Passes for 190 plus yards and 2 TD's and the Panthers beat a tough Beaverton squad 28-14.
- Crater Defense- The Secondary unit was terrific. RJ Morgan (Arizona bound) terrorized the Century Receivers and Star QB Sam Riddle threw as many picks as he has had all season in the game. Morgan was making the Jaguars tentative all night and there were several acrobatic double and triple tipped footballs. This was a really nice Defensive effort and including several big plays by Arizona bound Derrick Turituri.
- CJ Eytel- QB/Kicker Aloha: CJ was back form a pretty bad injury a few week back. And while he did not get his shot at QB he was perfect from the kicking position. 5 for 5 on PAT's. A 34 Yard Field Goal which made the difference for the Warriors. He also buried some deep punts. The kid is what is known as an "Athlete".
- Josh Maddox- Camas Valley- Ok this is sick! 288 yards and 6 TD's....in the first Quarter! Wow. 94-12 winner over Cove in a small school game that shattered records.
- Southridge Skyhawks- OFFENSE- 59-14 Over West Linn. The Skyhawks are getting better and better and 6 Players scored TD's. This is a well balanced Machine now!
- Willy Pflug and Bruce Jones Junior- Sunset: We predicted these two would blow up and they did! Pflug passed for 270 yards and 4 TD's and Jones went for 202 yards and 3 more on the ground. The win was the Apollo's at night's end 49-42 over a tough McMinnville Squad!
- Kamerun Smith-Marist QB- 280 yards passing and 5 TD's leading the Spartans to the big win over Hermiston 68-22.
- Sprague-Olympians- Jon Schaub and Devvon Gage went to work again securing the win over Westview. Round 2 will amp up. Bring on Tualatin!
- Mountain View Cougars-Team: They came into Wilsonville and beat the team many felt was going to win it all. The 2011 State Champs Mountain View got some great balanced offense and top notch defense to win 21-14 in a terrific battle.
- Game of the Week- Double OT Roseburg 39- Gresham 38 . Wow! The Gophers went for it on the 2 pointer and got the win. This was a hard fought game by both sides. Read the O Live Post here!
WashingtonPreps.com & Rivals.com Player Of The Week Week 11
Kai Van Sickle- Capital RB
322 Yards and 6 TD's in Bruising Fashion to Beat TOUGH Lakewood
Kai is a top prospect. And he is due for an offer. We think he is on the bubble and that every college Coach reading this should look him up. Because this kid gets it done. Every Week! Amazing Really!
Friday Night's Best Nominees
- Cle Elum- Team : The Warriors had tried 9 times to get to the Second Round. And this time, Number 10 they wanted it bad. So they beat up on Cashmere who was undefeated . The game ended 48-6 and Jake Gall led the way with 3 TD's. It was a team win and they now move on to battle undefeated Royal at Moses Lake on Saturday.
- Jake Grantham- North Thurston : Jake had a dozen or more Tackles as we watched him play on line against Kennewick. He slowed down Devvon Ramos and made life tough on the Lions who lost this one. North Thurston moves on picking up the bug Road win.
- Alex Myrick- Royal QB- The kid is a beast. He threw for 200 yards and ran for 191 and 1 more to lead his squad over Cascade 70-14. This can be your state Champs right here.
- MEAD- The Panthers Team - 10-1 hosted a tough Newport team led by Nevada Commit Isaac Dotson. Their defense was amazing in the win and their offense just about as good. Danny Mattingly and Langston Ward looked great and led the defense that forced 7 fumbles.
- Gonzaga Prep- Team Defense- The Bull Pups Defense shot down a good Union team from Camas, Washington to move on with the 45-17.
- U-High- Adrian Bonner, Austin Flynn, and Jeff Beaty- Bonner had 195 yards rushing, Flynn some seriously amazing catches, and Beaty got it done through the air and on the ground at QB. Together these three led University High of Spokane to a 34-6 shocker over powerhouse O'dea!
- Game Of The Week - Bellarmine Prep Beats Bothell 35-30: The game was loaded with emotion and star power. Danny Wilson, Ross Bowers, and Jared Barry for Bothell to name a few. But Sefo Liufau, Lou Millie, and Drew Griffin teamed up for some big plays too. Great game to watch.
- Federal Way Eagles- The Brotherhood kept it going against Rogers and won again 46-28 and moved to 11-0 and maintained their #2 ranking. Chico "Blue Mamba" McClatcher popped off an 80 yard Kick return for a TD, JJ McNeal had a Pick Six, Mike Tate had an interception, and Rod Jones Junior had a Touchdown run too. Marcel Morris caught a long pass from Evan Elliot too. Can these guys be stopped? Boy they play #3 Camas next on the Road! This will be their biggest test of the season no doubt!
- Austin Filkins - Peninsula QB: The kid can play! 12-14 and 190 yards passing with two TD's; one to Kyle Self and one to Alex Weymiller. Jimmy Price scored as well from his RB spot. That is 8 wins in a row for these guys!
- Vicente Huber- Camas: The RB had 3 TD"s and a Interception and led the Papermakers to the next round! Huge win over Arlington!
- Colin Cossette- Kennedy Catholic: The kid had a big game catching a long ball for 53 yards and setting up the winning TD, ran for 127 yards and 2 TD's, and had a crucial performance on defense. Lancers beat Columbia River 20-14 to move on.
- Mt Si- Team: Total Domination of Glacier Peak and it was everyone! 52-19 win! Read The full story here.
- MORE TO FOLLOW
[gravityform id="6" name="FRIDAY NIGHT'S BEST SUBMISSION"]