Can you believe the regular season is over? There were Play-In and Cross Over games all over the Northwest. Many of our best kids said goodbye and many went on to live out the Football Life for one more week. Brackets are all being formed and this is the time of year that we celebrate the second season. So let's all celebrate Week 10 and look at some of the best of the best!
Make sure to fill out the form below and submit your vote for Friday Night's Best as well as we will amend this mid week.
Washington's Rivals.com – WashingtonPreps.com
Co-Player Of The Week
Trent Cowan- Union High School
3 Interceptions, 7 Catches for 106 Yards and a Touch Down, And he kicked a Field Goal to lead the Titans to a win over Graham-Kapowsin 39-22. His team moves on to the next Round. Cowan is 6'2" – 205 Pounds and is known as a Top Kicker but he is so much more then that. This is a young man capable of playing at any level with any team!
Washington Rivals.com – WashingtonPreps.com
Co-Player Of The Week
Branden Curtis- Senior RB Eisenhower
5'10"- 170 Pounds
He Broke The All Time Washington State Rushing Record with 481 Yards and 4 TD's.
WOW WOW WOW
Ike beat Davis as a Result 34-13 and Moves On!
Friday Night's Best ~ Nominations From The State Of Washington
Washington Week 10
- Camas Papermakers- Folks this is a TEAM. We can point out stars all over the field. Their defense held South Kitsap to 1 yard Rushing for the game and to the 43-12 Win. But we celebrate the boys of Camas now 10-0 and their Coaches and Community for making a HUGE statement now in the 4A WIAA Division Moving Ahead. Way to go Guys!
- Timberline High School Defense!! They held Chief Sealth to -11 yards in the first half and they stopped Ralph Kinne of Shelton (State's leading Rusher) the week before. Led by Brandon Wetzel who was the 3A Narrows League Defensive MVP these Blazer are tough and move on to play a Tough Marysville-Pilchuck Team. Great Job for the Blazers in the big win 34-16 over Chief Sealth.
- Jimmy Price- Peninsula HS RB- The big agile price went for 139 yard on 19 carries and had 4 TD's to lead his team to their first Playoff Appearance since 2002. They beat Oak Harbor 36-12 to move on.
- Sumner Defense- Team: The Sumner Spartans are moving on the playoffs for the first time in many years with a decisive win over North Mason 38-13. The Defense was the key for the Spartans in the win!
- Skylor Elgarico- Arlington: The crafty QB had 313 yards of offense and 3 TD's to lead the Eagles over #5 in State Kentwood in an upset Victory!
- Kings HS- Team: Kings Knocked out perennial powerhouse Cascade Christian beating them 28-7 behind the legs of Billy Green. He had 100 yards and 4TD's in a change of pace for the BYU bound stud! Kings is for real folks and this is one gifted squad top to bottom!
- Union High Titans- Win over #7 Graham- Kapowsin and they did it on the Road against one of the best teams in the State. They move on to play Gonzaga Prep in the opening rounds of the Playoffs.
- Lou Millie- Bellarmine Prep RB: This Lions team is so talented. And when Isaiah Flynn decided to not play football a lot of people felt the team was going to be weakened. Wrong. Enter Lou who has been stellar all year and he had his best game ever Friday. The kid packed that rock for 208 yards and 3 TD's to lead Bellarmine to the 45-6 Win over Edmonds-Woodway! They get Bothell Next Week in Round 1 of the WIAA Playoffs for the 4 A Division! Wow that is going to be a good one!
- Desmond Young- Another Huge week for this guy. The Edmonds- Woodway squad is done now but Desmond shined and showed his D1 Speed with 154 yards on 24 carries. The kid is a MAJOR stud!
- Devon Ramos- Kennewick- He had a huge night again scoring 3 times, rushing for 208 yards, throwing a TD and converting a 2 pointer as Kennewick beat Shadle Park 38-20.
- Lakes VS O'Dea- Game of the Week. O'Dea won this one 28-25 under the powerful legs of super tough QB Pierre LeDorze who ran for 185 yards and 2 TD"s. The Lancers tried to roar back late in this one and got 3 TD's under the leadership of QB Rhyss Gervais but it was not enough. Lakes is out of the playoffs for the first time in years and O'Dea will make their 19th straight appearance. How does this happen? These are two of the top teams in the State and NEVER should have played each other. The WIAA is long overdue on adopting the Oregon Model in our view which uses Power Rankings and other factors to insure that Top Teams like this do not play so early in the Process. THIS HAS TO GET FIXED!
- Kurt Calhoun- Zillah- The Junior stud broke more records out in Eastern Washington rushing for the most Yards ever out there in a season at 1,947 yards and the most TD's ever with 30. He had 247 yards and 3 TD's in the win to lead Zillah 9-1 to the playoffs next week against Quincy.
- Isaiah Brandt Sims- Wenatchee Junior: 178 yards and 4 TD's in the big win over Sunnyside.
- Ryan Fassler- Prosser QB- 212 yards and 7 TOUCHDOWNS through the air! Oh My Prosser wins 49-21 over Selah and is 9-1 now!
- Jake Gall- 7 carries and `152 yards with 4 TD's. 28 on the season. Is there a better athlete in Washington? No. Win over Connell 47-28.
- Gonzaga Prep- QB Zach Bonneau rushed for 309 yards and scored four touchdowns. Griffin Hare added 252 yards rushing and three TDs. Prep is for real folks! They beat a good Chiawana Team 55-28.
- Chiawana QB- Joey Zamora- Passed for 353 Yards and threw 3 TD's in the loss. This is a kid to watch.
- Austin Flynn- University HS- The kid caught a football he could not see with his back turned to the ball and went the distance to score and help University win 27-22. This is a big time talent. The U-High boys move on to the playoffs with the win over Kamiakin.
- Austin Joyner- Marysville-Pilchuck Soph.; Another big game. He does it again with 3 TD's on the Ground to lead his team to a 42-7 Win over Mountain View of Vancouver.
- Jordan Berni- Skyview QB- 277 yards and 4 TD's and 1 Rushing TD in a loss to Newport.
- Newport Offense- My God is this Triple Option led by Nevada commit Isaac Dotson Good! 566 yards Rushing and 644 Total Offense. 56-35 Quality Win over a tough Skyview Squad!
PLAY OFFS ARE ALL SET: Check The WIAA Web Site for the Brackets now! This is going to be a Wild One Folks!
Click here for 4A.
Click here for 3A.
Click here for 2A.
Click here for 1A.
Click here for 2B bracket.
Click here for 1B bracket.
OK so now it is your turn! We span the region every week and provide the best of the best more over then anyone. Now who did we miss? Submit your Votr right here!