We begin the playoffs tonight and Friday and as we do it is time once again to catch up with some of the teams and players that are generating news. Submit us your news here and we will include that as we are able. Here we Go!
- Tigard High remains perfect and is ready to begin a playoff run for the State Title. Manu Rasmussen, star RB and athlete, committed to EWU and we broke that story yesterday. They play Gresham in the very bottom of the bracket and have a nice slot to move forward from there. Film Here
- Yadie Dunmore Released Amazing Film from his mid season tear and is fighting for his first offer. He is a top force to face as the Sheldon Irish are tough and they take on Lincoln HS in the Middle Bracket.
- Mitchell Verburg who is a solid 2016 QB stud will help lead his Lake Oswego Lakers Against the tough Sunset Apollos who feature Top 2015 QB Willy Pflug! At Sunset 7 Pm.
- Lakeridge has shown so much talent and promise and now it is time for them to get to work. They host a good South Medford squad – watch for Eric Dungey (2015 QB) to assert himself.
- US Army All American Connor Humphreys leads the Central Catholic Rams against Century at Hillsboro Stadium.
- Oregon City will ride their Super Sophomore’s Trevon Bradford and Conner Mitchell to the 2nd round as they take on McMinnville .
- Jesuit hosts Crater and finished as the #1 Seed overall. Joey Alfieri is already back on the bike and in recovery after a broken femur and will be there supporting the powerhouse Crusaders.
- Tons of great match ups in the 5A- Wilsoville VS Crescent Valley and Roosevelt VS Marist are just 2 of them!
- VOTE IN THE OREGON FOOTBALL HONOR ROLL– Some awesome kids here- Many we know well. Two of the best were the amazing Aidan Marcum of Franklin High who had a terrific game last week setting the school record with 496 yards of offense and 6 TD’s! WOW! He is joined by Richard Belog Jr. of Aloha who refused to lose running for 2 TD’s and threw for 2 TD’s last week to help the Warriors stay alive. Check out these guys and others and make sure to Vote for your favorite!
All of Oregon’s Top Prospects and their teams remain alive in the hunt for the State Title. That is very telling! Good luck to all of our guys from Oregon! Play safe and enjoy these final Friday Nights!
- Bellevue– Can anyone touch these guys? Probably not. But a few teams are going to line up to take their shot and the Wolverines, who have obliterated everyone, will finally get some matches! Budda Baker is down to 3 Majors and making his final run as perhaps the greatest Wolverine of all time and a Hall of Fame Prep Athlete for sure. Timmy Haehl has been amazing all year as well as Seniors Shane Bowman, Morgan Richey, Marcus Griffin, and a host of others. This is going to be quite a run!
- Eastlake lead by Blue Thomas, an amazing Junior QB, will take on Kentwood. This will be a great game and a chance to see talent all over the field including the Lewis Brothers who will both move on to college after their time at Eastlake!
- Ferris won the GSL at 8-1 and are a sleeper in the 4 A to win it all. Led by Christian Olson at QB and a powerful running game these Saxons are no joke. Also at 8-1 is 3 A Shadle Park led by all everything Junior Qb Brett Rypien who leads the stats in almost every category. Those kids can play. Gonzaga Prep is 7-2 and so is Mt. Spokane. So the GSL is not playing around! Catch all the info here-
- GSHL Football is still looking amazing with Camas still a consensus #1 in the 4A and Union right there as well. Catch the action and predictions here.
- Out in the Tri-Cities we have some great action too with some wild crossover games and some win or go home match ups too! Chiawana looks to be a Top 4 Power all the way this year!
- Harley Kirsch of Eastside Catholic landed his first offer. The 2016 QB has a nice offer from Wyoming. He is only a 10th grader! That is awesome! Story is here-
- The Biggest story of the year on NWPR was literally the biggest story of the year. 400 lb running back Tony Picard leads White Swan into the Playoffs- the team is 8-1 and he is running for almost 100 yards a game!
Featured Player – Lesser Known Gems
Up in Ferndale there is a heck of a football player. The 2014 two way stud is tearing it up and will get his shot to see what eh can do against Bellevue this week. His name is Joey Akers and he is 5’11” 180 lbs and reportedly has a 4.4 to 4.5 legit 40. He has run for close to 1200 yards this season. Joey has 16 TD’s and has 65 tackles on Defense. And outstanding leader Joey has a High Football IQ and the sort of skill set any college would be lucky to have come play for them. We look forward to seeing more of him. Check out his nifty film from this season!
Also posting some most impressive Video was Heritage High School big man 6’1″- 277 lb Antonio Pulido. Wow he is quick and watch this big man Ragdoll guys! Somewhere there is a college that needs a workhorse like this guy! Check out his film here- http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/681506/highlights/94543391
5’10” 180 lbs Running Back Wil Owens of Marysville-Getchell had an amazing season- This guy has speed and boy can he run. Check him out. Video is Here!